- Ph.D. (Pursuing) Earth Sciences & Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India (2018 to present).
- Integrated M.Tech. in Geoinformatics, Central University of Jharkhand, Ranchi. (2018)
- Flash drought monitoring and prediction
- Remote Sensing and GIS
- Hydrological modelling
- Climate change impact assessment
- Awarded CSIR UGC Net in Earth Sciences (June 2018).
- Awarded UGC Net in Geography (June 2018).
- DST-Inspire Fellowship for PhD (2021-2025).
- Mishra, V., Aadhar, S., & Mahto, S. S. (2021). Anthropogenic warming and intraseasonal summer monsoon variability amplify the risk of future flash droughts in India. npj Climate and Atmospheric Science, 4(1), 1-10.
- Mahto, S. S., & Mishra, V. (2020). Dominance of summer monsoon flash droughts in India. Environmental Research Letters, 15(10), 104061.
- Mahto, S. S., & Mishra, V. (2019). Does ERA-5 outperform other reanalysis products for hydrologic applications in India?. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 124(16), 9423-9441.
- Google Scholar