- Ph.D. (Submitted) in Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. (2015 to 2020)
- B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, National Institute Of
Technology (NIT), Raipur, India. (2015)
- Impact of climate variability and climate change on drought.
- Hydrologic modeling,
Evaluation of meteorological products.
- Risk analysis of Hydroclimatic extremes.
- Hydraulic Modeling.
- Water Advanced Research and Innovation (WARI) Fellowship to conduct six months (June-Nov., 2019) research at National Drought Mitigation Center, University of Nebraska Lincoln, USA.
- SPARC Early Career Researcher Support- Travel grant to attend SPARC General Assembly 2018 in Kyoto, Japan.
- IIT Gandhinagar Cash Award of worth INR 25000 for publishing research papers in high impactful journal in January 2018.
- Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)- Travel grant to attend AGU
Meeting 2017 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- Information and Technology Research Academy-Travel grant to attend ITRA
meeting/workshop, IIT Kharagpur (2017).
- Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) Fellowship (2015-2020)
- Mishra, V., K. Thirumalai, S. Jain, and S. Aadhar (202X). Unprecedented failure of the Northeastern Indian Monsoon and recent water scarcity. Environmental Research Letters. (Submitted)
- Shah, H. L., R. Shah, S. Aadhar, and V. Mishra (202X). Impacts of land use/land cover and climate change on water budget and soil moisture in India. Journal of Hydrology. (In revision)
- Aadhar, S. and V. Mishra (202X). On the occurrence of the worst drought in South Asia in the observed and future climate. Environmental Research Letters. (In revision)
- Mishra, V., S. Aadhar, and S. Mahto (202X). Anthropogenic warming and intraseasonal summer monsoon variability amplify the risk of future flash droughts in India. npj Climate and Atmospheric Science. (In revision)
- Aadhar, S. and V. Mishra (2020). Discussion of "Multivariate Modeling of Projected Drought Frequency and Hazard over India" by Vivek Gupta, Manoj Kumar Jain, and Vijay P. Singh, in Journal of Hydrologic Engineering. (Accepted)
- Bhardwaj, K., D. Shah, S. Aadhar, and V. Mishra (2020). Propagation of meteorological to hydrological droughts in India. Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres. https://doi.org/10.1029/2020JD033455
- Mishra, V., AK. Ambika, A. Asoka, S. Aadhar, J. Buzan, R. Kumar, and M. Huber (2020). Moist heat stress extremes in India enhanced by irrigation. Nature Geoscience. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41561-020-00650-8
- Aadhar, S. and V. Mishra (2020). On the projected decline in droughts over South Asia in CMIP6 multimodel ensemble. Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres. https://doi.org/10.1029/2020JD033587 (Highlighted in “nature reviews earth & environment”)
- Aadhar, S. and V. Mishra (2020). Increased drought risk in South Asia under warming climate: Implications of uncertainty in potential evapotranspiration estimates. Journal of Hydrometeorology. https://doi.org/10.1175/jhm-d-19-0224.1
- Mishra, V., K. Thirumalai, D. Singh, and S. Aadhar (2020). Future exacerbation of hot and dry summer monsoon extremes in India. Npj Climate and Atmospheric Science, 3(1), 10. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41612-020-0113-5
- Aadhar, S. and V. Mishra (2019). A Substantial rise in the area and population affected by dryness in South Asia under 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5C warmer worlds. Environmental Research Letters, 14, 114021. https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/ab4862
- Mishra, V., S. Aadhar, H. L. Shah, R. Kumar, D. R. Pattanaik, and A. D. Tiwari (2018). The Kerala flood of 2018: combined impact of extreme rainfall and reservoir storage. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussions, 1-13. https://doi.org/10.5194/hess-2018-480
- Mishra, V., A. D. Tiwari, S. Aadhar, R. Shah, M. Xiao, D. S. Pai, and D. Lettenmaier (2019). Drought and famine in India, 1870-2016. Geophysical Research Letters. https://doi.org/10.1029/2018GL081477
- Ali, S. A., S. Aadhar, H. L. Shah, and V. Mishra (2018). Projected Increase in Hydropower Production in India under Climate Change. Scientific Reports, 8(1), 12450, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-30489-4
- Mukherjee, S., S. Aadhar, D. Stone, and V. Mishra (2018). Increase in extreme precipitation events under anthropogenic warming in India. Weather and Climate Extremes. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wace.2018.03.005
- Aadhar, S. and V. Mishra (2017). Data Descriptor :High-resolution near real-time
drought monitoring in South Asia, Scientific Data. https://doi.org/10.1038/sdata.2017.145
- Mishra, V., S. Aadhar, A. Akarsh, S. Pai, and R. Kumar (2016). On the frequency of the
2015 monsoon season drought in the Indo-Gangetic Plain. Geophysical Research Letters.
- Mishra, V., and S. Aadhar (2017), Towards a Regional Drought Monitoring and Forecasting Capability for South Asia, International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Colombo,
- Mishra, V., and S. Aadhar (2016), Development of Flood Hazard Model to Design Flood Insurance Product in Bihar, International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Colombo,
- Mishra, V., S. Aadhar and H. L. Shah (2016), Flood risk assessment in the Ghaghara River Basin, Practical Action Consulting,
- Aadhar, S. and V. Mishra (2019). Increased dryness in South Asia under the warming climate. Workshop on Correlated Extremes at Columbia University, NY, USA. May 29-31, 2019.
- Aadhar, S., V. Mishra, S. A. Ali, and H. L. Shah (2018). Projected Increase in Hydropower Production in India under Climate Change. (Paper ID Number: H31N-1110), AGU Fall meeting 2018, Washington DC, USA.
- Aadhar, S. and V. Mishra (2018). Increasing drought frequency in 1.5? and 2.0? warming world over South
Asia. 6th General Assembly of SPARC 2018, Kyoto, Japan. Oct. 1-5, 2018.
- Aadhar, S. and V. Mishra (2017). High-resolution near real-time drought
monitoring in South Asia, (Paper ID Number: H51I-1383), AGU Fall meeting 2017,
New Orleans, USA.
- Swain, S., S. Aadhar, M. K. Verma, and M. K. Verma, Statistical Analysis of Rainfall
over Seonath Basin, Chhattisgarh, India, (Paper ID - HYD-426) the 20th International
Conference on Hydraulics, Surface Hydrology and Water Management (HYDRO
2015), Dec. 17-19, 2015, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India.
- Aadhar, S. and V. Mishra (2018). Impact of climate change on drought frequency over India, Climate change and water resources in India, Government of India.
- Google Scholar
- Research Gate Profile
- High-Resolution South Asia Drought Monitor